When your organization is suddenly forced to transition to remote work, providing employees, contractors, or volunteers with funds to allow them to do their jobs can be a huge challenge:
• Standard corporate cards, cash, and checks have little to no control over spending
• Employees often need funds in a hurry to maintain operational efficiency
• Requiring employees to use personal funds and be reimbursed can create financial hardship
• Finance team has little to no transparency until expense reports are submitted
E.J. Bernard, Account Executive - Card Solutions Team, Emburse at The Remote Work Summit 2020
- Employees get purchase card/cash
- Purchases occur with little to no real-time oversight
- Finance team manually reviews expense reports
- Reconciliation is complicated, spending left unaccounted for
- Employees instantly receive cards with preset, self-enforcing spending rules.
- Emburse has full transaction data, and prompts users to reconcile in real time.
- Finance team reviews transactions, with full transparency and control over spending.
Instant card creation - Physical and virtual cards can be created, restricted, and assigned to employees within seconds. Virtual cards are immediately available to use at online merchants, or with Apple/Google Pay.
Purchase requests – employees can seamlessly request additional funds if they need to make large purchases.
Instant transaction notification – cardholders and admins can view transactions seconds after they happen, and users are automatically reminded to capture receipts via their mobile device.
Granular Card Restrictions
- Card spending can be restricted by budget, merchant category, date, transaction amount, and more
- Restrictions can be set on an card-by-card basis, or standard templates can be set for each department
- Updates to restrictions changes occur in real time
- Granular spending rules also make it easy to provide remote perks (lunches, online education allowances), manage AP spend, put on remote happy hours.
- Card budgets update in real time.
- In case of loss or theft, cards can be suspended or terminated with one click.
- Budgets can be amended at any time if more or less money is needed.
- Cards will automatically expire once used, or after a certain date.
- Spending can be restricted to certain categories to prevent misuse.